Spring is a time where you need a few different types of jackets because the weather is so unpredictable. It could be sunny and hot on a Monday and then pouring rain Tuesday. Spring is definitely the season of jackets. The more the merrier, as they say! Or, it is just an excuse to go shopping and buy a new jacket. Today, I wanted to share my top 5 jackets for Spring and what they’re great for/how to style them.
#1. The Bomber
The bomber jacket is my fav for Spring because you can literally wear it with everything and it will work. Pair it with some blue skinnies, a tee and sneakers.
#2. The Trench
Wearing a trench just makes you feel fancy and classy, am I right ladies? This option is great if you wear more business/business casual outfits on a daily basis. I love the light grey colour for the Spring, it will brighten up any outfit.
#3. The Unique Jacket
I called this one the unique jacket because there is always trends for the Spring season and this is where you can go ahead and just buy what is trendy. Suede and fringe are a huge hit this season and it’s a great style to wear as a statement piece.
#4. The Leather Jacket
Classic. I do not feel the need to explain why a leather jacket is necessary for Spring. I do like the longer, motto style jackets because they give off a cooler vibe, compared to the cropped, no buckle styles.
#5. The Denim Jacket
I love how there are so many different styles of denim jackets, cropped, oversized, ripped, bleached. The options are endless, and it is finally cool to wear denim on denim again! This jacket is great to wear with jeans, leggings, joggers for a more casual vibe.
It’s the dead of winter and I think that’s also a metaphor for the death of my outfit creativity. I feel like I’m wearing the same outfits over and over and I can’t seem to get out of this slump. I’ve noticed other bloggers and social media people talking about being in a slump and I couldn’t really find any articles or posts on how to get out of one. I thought I would share some tips on how to finally get out of that damn slump! These have all worked for me and I hope they work for you too. Share in the comments what you do to get out of your outfit slump.
- paint your nails (even if your clothes are the same, your nails can change every week)
- re-organize your closet (you may find items you forget about and fall back in love with them)
- take the afternoon to go through your clothes and style outfits you have never worn before and try them on (you’ll find some unusual combinations that you will love)
- search tumblr and pinterest for #street-style pics that are sure to inspire
- go to the mall! see whats in the windows, hot new colours, patters, fabrics and choose one peice to buy that will spice of your wardrobe for the rest of winter
- try out new beauty looks, a statement lip can change the style of your entire outfit
- go back to basics; white tee, jeans, boots, sweater, and add your own style to them (this gives you a solid foundation where you can add whatever you want to them)
Check me out on social media:
All my life I have known Valentines Day to be a day where you should show endless amounts of love to the people in your life; your mom, dad, sister, brother, grandparents, friends, dog, boyfriend, girlfriend, co-workers and hey, even strangers. I know a lot of women get sad when this day rolls around because they don’t have a date, I’m here to say that doesn’t matter… AT ALL! What matters most is that you LOVE YOURSELF and that you surround yourself with love. I really want this message to get across to women and young women around the world because it is such a waste to be sad over your relationship status. It just isn’t worth it.
That being said, I wanted to give a list of things to do on Valentines Day (and every other day) that can show love towards others and yourself (and they are fun to do, duh!). Comment below what you’re favourite thing is to do on Vday. Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram via @hungry4style_
- go to Starbucks and order your fav drink and chocolate brownie (mmmm, dreaming of this right now)
- buy cheesy valentines cards and give them out to your family, friends and co-workers
- go to the spa! Treat yourself with a mani/pedi or facial
- make reservations at a super classy restaurant (with your best friend, sister or significant other), buy an entire outfit (heels to earrings) and get all dolled up (it’s like the adult version of playing ‘dress up’)
- hit up the grocery store, buy some chocolate cake mix, frosting, red food colour, candy hearts and bake up a storm (it’s even better when they’re ready to eat)
- order pizza, wings and that super garlicky and cheesy bread that you love, oh such much, and watch a marathon of Friends on Netflix
- go to the florist and buy your favourite flower and pick out a cool vase while you’re there
ENJOY!! AND HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!
****All photos from weheartit.com ****