December 1st always marks the beginning of Winter, unofficially. The cold weather does not wait until the 21st. With the cold weather comes some new clothes and some old. I wanted to share five tips on how to transition your wardrobe from Fall to Winter; so you don’t have spend all your money on new Winter clothes (because all our money really goes towards gifts this time of year).
Tip 1: Wear your blanket scarf around your body as a second layer between your top and your coat.
Tip 2: Layer those leggings!!!! Wear leggings underneath your jeans or other pants to keep warm this Winter.
Tip 3: Swap out your leather jacket for a longline wool coat.
Tip 4: Buy a couple of sweaters (knit, oversized, etc) that can be layered with tops already in your wardrobe (collared shirts, long shirts, etc)
Tip 5: If you have separation anxiety from your leather jacket, then just layer it under your Winter coat, that way, when you’re at an event, you can still keep warm and look great.
I don’t know about you, but I’ve already started my Christmas shopping. Made my list and I’ve checked it more then twice. This year I’m going to do holiday gift guides, but for every type of person in your life. From your friend who never stops talking about food to your Dad who is always up to date on the latest technologies (surely not my Dad! Sorry Dad).
I hope you get some inspiration for your gifting this holiday season. I’ll be posting the gift guides every Wednesday and Sunday.
The Toast Cookbook $23.40 | Pizza Scissors $24.95 | Nibble Coaster $21.70
Avocado Keeper $3.99 | Egg Pillow $43.91 | Spaghetti Measurer $14.99
Happy Easter! This post is a little late but I hope it can still inspire your outfits for this Easter weekend. I found some dresses under $50 that are perfect to wear for Easter dinner or just because! The dresses are also perfect for the Spring/Summer season. Hope you enjoy and remember that eating pounds of chocolate today is totally acceptable.
Tshirt Shift dress | Yellow Halter dress | Floral Babydoll dress | Blue Fit and Flare dress | Necklace
In the old days, women used to buy a new wardrobe for each season but now a days that ain’t the case. For us women who don’t want to spend a lot to update our wardrobe, I came up with a list of pieces to update your closet for the Spring season, for under $100. SCORE!!! I usually find that buying new accessories like bags, scarves, shoes and only a couple tops/bottoms will revamp your wardrobe. Hope you enjoy and comment what you like best!!
Since the weather is warming up and you’ll be going out more, you’ll want a bag that is versatile and can carry all your goodies without feeling like you’re carrying 200lbs on your shoulder | Forever 21 $27.90
Spring can still be a little chilly, so opt for a lighter scarf that still adds depth to your outfits. Make sure to get one that matches your Spring jackets. Paisley is back for Spring and adds a twist to the classic floral pattern. | Dynamite $19.95
Spring=Rain and it sucks, but get double the wear out of the coat you buy for Spring. This rain coat will keep you dry but still makes you look so good and Spring-y…is that a word? Say goodbye to those bright yellow rain coats and make a statement in a good way. | Asos $38.73
Time to shoes those little piggies! Lol for real though, this open toe/open heel bootie gives a fresh new look to your black ankle bootie. Fresh new look, fresh flowers means Spring. | Forever 21 $39.90
Switch out your black skinnies for a pair of lighter wash denim. Try a boyfriend fit, high rise or distressed pair to change it up. Sheinside $21.33
For a grand total of $147.81 you can get all these items (or ones similar) to give your wardrobe a fresh new look for Spring. These items can easily be paired with colours and styles from your existing wardrobe which means you don’t have to spend a lot to change it up. Also buying a new lip colour or blush is a great addition to your Spring look. Try out a coral/peachy blush and a pink lip.
It’s the dead of winter and I think that’s also a metaphor for the death of my outfit creativity. I feel like I’m wearing the same outfits over and over and I can’t seem to get out of this slump. I’ve noticed other bloggers and social media people talking about being in a slump and I couldn’t really find any articles or posts on how to get out of one. I thought I would share some tips on how to finally get out of that damn slump! These have all worked for me and I hope they work for you too. Share in the comments what you do to get out of your outfit slump.
- paint your nails (even if your clothes are the same, your nails can change every week)
- re-organize your closet (you may find items you forget about and fall back in love with them)
- take the afternoon to go through your clothes and style outfits you have never worn before and try them on (you’ll find some unusual combinations that you will love)
- search tumblr and pinterest for #street-style pics that are sure to inspire
- go to the mall! see whats in the windows, hot new colours, patters, fabrics and choose one peice to buy that will spice of your wardrobe for the rest of winter
- try out new beauty looks, a statement lip can change the style of your entire outfit
- go back to basics; white tee, jeans, boots, sweater, and add your own style to them (this gives you a solid foundation where you can add whatever you want to them)
Check me out on social media:
All my life I have known Valentines Day to be a day where you should show endless amounts of love to the people in your life; your mom, dad, sister, brother, grandparents, friends, dog, boyfriend, girlfriend, co-workers and hey, even strangers. I know a lot of women get sad when this day rolls around because they don’t have a date, I’m here to say that doesn’t matter… AT ALL! What matters most is that you LOVE YOURSELF and that you surround yourself with love. I really want this message to get across to women and young women around the world because it is such a waste to be sad over your relationship status. It just isn’t worth it.
That being said, I wanted to give a list of things to do on Valentines Day (and every other day) that can show love towards others and yourself (and they are fun to do, duh!). Comment below what you’re favourite thing is to do on Vday. Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram via @hungry4style_
- go to Starbucks and order your fav drink and chocolate brownie (mmmm, dreaming of this right now)
- buy cheesy valentines cards and give them out to your family, friends and co-workers
- go to the spa! Treat yourself with a mani/pedi or facial
- make reservations at a super classy restaurant (with your best friend, sister or significant other), buy an entire outfit (heels to earrings) and get all dolled up (it’s like the adult version of playing ‘dress up’)
- hit up the grocery store, buy some chocolate cake mix, frosting, red food colour, candy hearts and bake up a storm (it’s even better when they’re ready to eat)
- order pizza, wings and that super garlicky and cheesy bread that you love, oh such much, and watch a marathon of Friends on Netflix
- go to the florist and buy your favourite flower and pick out a cool vase while you’re there
ENJOY!! AND HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!
****All photos from weheartit.com ****
Like I said, let me know in the comments what you think of ‘HUNGRY 4 NEW-IN’!
Here are links to the stores to buy all these items!
The colour of my lipstick is A64 ‘Please Me’