Here in the UK, it is only the second week of school and I’ve noticed that I am a little lazier in the morning and am not spending as much time on makeup. Less time = less products. I definitely would rather sleep longer then wake up earlier to get ready for class and I’m sure a ton of you are with me on that #beautysleep. I wanted to share the products that I use for the days when I have early morning class or when I’m just going out to get some groceries or to the mall.
Basically, there are 7 steps to this routine and they are listed below! Click the links if you want to check out the product.
- As I’m writing this, I forgot the first initial step, woopsies. The real first step is primer, I’m currently using Benefit Porefessional or Smashbox primer water. They both help my makeup last longer but the porefessional helps my foundation go on smooth, especially around and on my nose, where my pores are the largest. Alright, so technically this is the second step but I’m mashing it up with primer. I like to have pretty full, but natural looking coverage. Rimmel Lasting Finish is great, it covers what I want but doesn’t look cakey. I LOVE the Real Technique buffing brush for foundation, definitely recommend buying this one.
- If you have 9am class, concealer is a MUST, because lets be real, I go to bed at like 2am and I gotta cover those bags. Sephora gel serum concealer has great coverage and also highlights the under-eye area. The only downside is that product only comes on the tip of the brush and it’s hard to apply to the face. I like to blend my concealer out with a dampened beauty sponge because I never have luck blending it out with a brush. I’m trying out the Real Technique sponge right now so I’m going to say it’s just like other beauty sponges.
- Now to make sure those liquids stay in place all day. I usually set everything with Rimmel Stay Matte powder. I like to have a matte finish at first so I don’t get oily throughout the day. A large fluffy brush will do the trick to apply this.
- Time to add some definition to my face, ain’t nobody got time to contour before a 9am class so just bronzing up your face will look natural and add some shape. I use Rimmel sun shimmer bronzer on my cheekbones, hairline and jaw. If you want a more defined look, just focus more product on your upper cheekbone, closer to your ear. Using a more tapered fluffy brush works well to bronze up the face.
- Yes, highlight on fleek is still very present in my life. I just love that glow. I pick up my Zoeva luxe highlight brush and apply some Too Faced candlelight glow powder to the highpoints of my cheek, above my brows and on the bridge of my nose.
- Another way to shape your face is to fill in those brows. I do a couple swipes of Clinique Brow Mousse to get a natural look. In the morning, it takes too long to fill my brows in with powder, a mousse or gel is a great on-the-go option.
- Lastly, I apply a few coats of mascara. I ALWAYS curl my lashes before applying mascara or you won’t even be able to tell I have mascara on. I feel that mascara is very personal preference because everyone looks for something different. I do love the colour of Clinique Chubby Mascara in black honey.
Voila! That is the finished makeup look. It usually only takes around 15 minutes in the morning and then I’m good to go. Then, of course, I take like ten years deciding what to wear. I hope you liked this and share below what products you like on an everyday basis.
Welp, I wanted to take blog photos today for an outfit post but this rainy weather has stopped me. I’m having the blogging itch and the need to write and share with you guys! So, I want to share some rainy day necessities, whether you’re out and about or just chilling at home. Hope you enjoy and don’t forget to follow me on Instagram @hungry4style_
Numero 1. Rainy days make me just want to snuggle up on the couch, eat, drink coffee, watch movies and scroll through Tumblr and Instagram. I want to share some of my key clothing pieces that are the comfiest to relax in. A fuzzy, mohair sweater is like, the definition of comfy clothes. Aerie also sells THE cutest bralettes and PJ shorts so I highly recommend grabbing some.
Numero 2. When I actually have to go out and do stuff on a rainy day I definitely can’t go out wearing my fav white sneakers and t-shirt. I 100% need a jacket, boots and an umbrella, ella ella, eh, eh, eh? Sorry, couldn’t pass up the chance to mix in a little Rihanna. An oversized, hooded coat is perfect to keep your outfit underneath dry and perfect. My hair goes super frizzy in the rain so a beanie is great way to contain the frizz so I don’t look like Monica (from Friends and I love you if you can picture it without googling) on vacation.
Let me start off by saying that wearing these jeans on a day where the weather was like -100 degrees, was a horrible idea. I do it for the fashion and I’m sure many of you can relate..lol (especially my fellow Toronto/NYC bloggers).
Lately, I’ve been liking the idea of wearing oversized layers, and it helps when the weather is extremely cold. It’s fun to mix up patterns, fabrics and textures to create a look with depth. I’ve worn this tank and sweater combo before, with leather leggings, but this time I wanted a more grunge/loose/casual style. And what bottoms came to mind? BOYFRIEND JEANS.. DUH!! The bagginess of the jeans and the size of the rips played into the style I was going for. I had to throw on a hat or else I think my head was going to freeze off so I hope you like my ‘salt and pepper’ matching.. ha..ha…
Lately, all I’ve been wanting to wear is basic tees, leather leggings, skinny jeans, long cardigan and layered outfits. It may have something to do with the fact that it is freezing outside and I have to admit, it’s hard to put outfits together in the winter. If it’s icy outside, you have to wear shoes that won’t slip or get ruined by the salt and you have to cover every inch of your skin so you don’t get frostbite. Needless to say, winter sucks sometimes!
When getting dressed in the morning, I realized that I don’t really have the basics that I need. I’ve been looking online for what I want and I thought I would share with you guys some winter basics to have if you live in a cold climate, like me. Of course, make these basics your own style and choose colours you love, shapes that suit your body and layer how you like.
Cardigan: Forever 21 | Waffle Shirt: Aritzia | Tee: Nasty Gal | Pants: Aritzia | Leather Pants: American Eagle | Boots: Forever 21
*All pictures taken from provided store links*
TBH, I am in love with this look. The texture of the sweater mixed with the pattern of the flannel is my favourite. I could probably wear layers like this almost everyday. When I am getting dressed in the morning I sometimes have to remind myself that I have already worn the button-down and sweater combination three times this week already. Maybe that was an exaggeration but I think you get the point. I think when you find a style you love, you want to wear it all the time. The good thing is, these obsessions are usually not long-lived because there are so many other styles to be obsessed with.
Enough rambling and on to the important stuff. If you saw my latest video, you saw I love these new shiny leggings, they are superrrrrrrr comfortable and you can dress them preppy (like I did here) or dress them up for a night out. I am wearing my leather ankle booties because of the gold zipper to add some more detail to my outfit. I had to eventually put my jacket on because it was so hard to pose for photos in the freezing cold weather. I wish I could have a jacket to wear for every outfit so that I could take pics with it on. For now, I’ll keep dreaming and suffer through the cold. Lastly, I recently bought the matte lipstick ‘Stunner’ by Mac x Nasty Gal and this colour is the red lipstick of everyone’s dreams.
Sweater: Dynamite | Flannel: Express | Leggings: Garage | Boots: Aldo | Parka: Dynamite | Sunglasses: Aldo
I am so excited to finally own a wool fedora! I have been eyeing this hat for a long time now and I am soooo happy to own it. There are a billion and one ways to style this hat and today, I went casual. Since I was off work today, I just had some errands to run so I wanted a casual and comfy outfit.
Black jeans and a tee is my go-to casual outfit. I went with leaving my tee untucked for that baggy, oversized look. And I mean it’s Monday, so it’s a lazy day. I wanted my hat to be the statement piece of the outfit so I went with dark colours that didn’t draw a lot of attention.
I am currently loving the nail polish colour ‘wicked’ by Essie. It such a rich, deep colour; perfect for the Holidays.
Hat: Express | Jeans: Express | Tee: Express | Coat: Express | Boots: Call It Spring | Bag: Call It Spring
If you have seen my latest Current Obsession post, I am IN LOVE with cowl/turtle necks this season. They are so comfy and cozy for the lazy days and you can even dress them up over top of a mini skirt. Of course, I had to buy this one when I saw it, in multiple colours; pink and black. The black is the first colour I was set on, obv, but I wanted to change it up and try out a lighter colour, the pink is so feminine and classy.
I paired my sweater with ripped denim because I wanted the look to be very casual. Plus, the colour of the denim and the pink go so well together. Going along with the femininity of the sweater, I wore a red lip to finish the look.
I havn’t worn these boots in forever! And now I know why, my poor little toes get so squished. Sad face. I couldn’t help but wear them because the sparkles are just right for the holiday season and the ankle bootie looks great with cuffed jeans.
Sweater: Express | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Call It Spring (90% sure, lol) | Lipstick: Covergirl Smoochies 220