I’m back with some more favs!! Once again, I’m mixing some beauty products and fashion. TGIF!
As I said in my last Friday Favs, I don’t wear a lot of jewelry at once so small and dainty pieces are what I gravitate towards. These small cuffs are legit my favourite thing ever, atm. I already had the white arrow one then Express came out with the sapphire blue arrow and then the pink hexagon one. They look so cool layered together on my arm. Click on over to my Instagram to see the look.
There is nothing more I can say about this 3-in-1 cleanser then IT IS AMAZING. If you’re looking for a cleanser and makeup remover then I highly recommend this one from Philosophy. It doesn’t dry out your skin, it leaves it so clean and smooth. I use it as part of my night time skincare routine to get all the gunk off my face.
My oh my, I have been wanting to try this brush for so long and I finally got it last week. I have no clue why I waited so long because it works magic when applying foundation. It’s the buffing brush by Real Techniques.
During the past week I’ve been wanting to wear this flannel every day. When I’m getting dressed I have to remind myself that I’ve already worn it. The pattern is not too loud so it really does go with everything. This one is from Express.
Happy Easter! This post is a little late but I hope it can still inspire your outfits for this Easter weekend. I found some dresses under $50 that are perfect to wear for Easter dinner or just because! The dresses are also perfect for the Spring/Summer season. Hope you enjoy and remember that eating pounds of chocolate today is totally acceptable.
Tshirt Shift dress | Yellow Halter dress | Floral Babydoll dress | Blue Fit and Flare dress | Necklace
Spring is in two days and who knows if the nice weather will come with it. But, just incase, I wanted to share my idea of the three must-have Spring coats. We can say goodbye with pleasure to those huge, wool-lined winter parkas and give a warm welcome to lighter, and more wearable spring coats. Ohhh, the excitement!!! Let me know in the comments what style is your favourite and don’t forget to follow me on Instagram: @hungry4style_
The Trench Coat
Everybody’s talking about the classic trench coat, and for good reason. It’s versatile, feminine, and looks great on every body shape.
The Pastel Leather (faux) Jacket
Play up the normal leather jacket with a fun colour, one that will go with almost anything in your closet.
For the warmer days, throw this coat over top of your outfit to instantly look all put together (even though you probably already do).
It’s been quite a long time since my last blog post, which I don’t like, but school always comes first in my life right now and I’ve just finished doing my midterms…FINALLY!!! For my fellow students, I feel you’re pain and hope you did well on your midterms! Along with finally being finished midterms, it seems as though the weather has warmed up, again, FINALLY!!! Needless to say, things are going well. I don’t want to jinx it though, because usually halfway through March another snow storm comes our way… the joys of living in Canada.
On another note, I’ve noticed that it has become pretty trendy to start buying flowers and post pics of them on Instagram, is this the new movement? Kind of like posting your meal before you eat? I don’t really care much for buying flowers or having them in my house, but I mean they are damn beautiful. All these pics are making me even more excited for Spring, because soon, lawns and parks will be full of colourful flowers. I’ll be posting my fav pics from Pinterest and WeHeartIt to get ya’ll in the mood for Spring! And maybe, if we all come together, our mind power will legitimately change the weather to warm, Spring weather, for good…lol. Also, just wanted to quote The Devil Wears Prada, “Florals? for Spring? Groundbreaking” because I keep gravitating toward floral patterns right now. Comment if you agree!
**As mentioned above, all pics taken from Pinterest and WeHeartIt**
It’s the dead of winter and I think that’s also a metaphor for the death of my outfit creativity. I feel like I’m wearing the same outfits over and over and I can’t seem to get out of this slump. I’ve noticed other bloggers and social media people talking about being in a slump and I couldn’t really find any articles or posts on how to get out of one. I thought I would share some tips on how to finally get out of that damn slump! These have all worked for me and I hope they work for you too. Share in the comments what you do to get out of your outfit slump.
- paint your nails (even if your clothes are the same, your nails can change every week)
- re-organize your closet (you may find items you forget about and fall back in love with them)
- take the afternoon to go through your clothes and style outfits you have never worn before and try them on (you’ll find some unusual combinations that you will love)
- search tumblr and pinterest for #street-style pics that are sure to inspire
- go to the mall! see whats in the windows, hot new colours, patters, fabrics and choose one peice to buy that will spice of your wardrobe for the rest of winter
- try out new beauty looks, a statement lip can change the style of your entire outfit
- go back to basics; white tee, jeans, boots, sweater, and add your own style to them (this gives you a solid foundation where you can add whatever you want to them)
Check me out on social media:
All my life I have known Valentines Day to be a day where you should show endless amounts of love to the people in your life; your mom, dad, sister, brother, grandparents, friends, dog, boyfriend, girlfriend, co-workers and hey, even strangers. I know a lot of women get sad when this day rolls around because they don’t have a date, I’m here to say that doesn’t matter… AT ALL! What matters most is that you LOVE YOURSELF and that you surround yourself with love. I really want this message to get across to women and young women around the world because it is such a waste to be sad over your relationship status. It just isn’t worth it.
That being said, I wanted to give a list of things to do on Valentines Day (and every other day) that can show love towards others and yourself (and they are fun to do, duh!). Comment below what you’re favourite thing is to do on Vday. Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram via @hungry4style_
- go to Starbucks and order your fav drink and chocolate brownie (mmmm, dreaming of this right now)
- buy cheesy valentines cards and give them out to your family, friends and co-workers
- go to the spa! Treat yourself with a mani/pedi or facial
- make reservations at a super classy restaurant (with your best friend, sister or significant other), buy an entire outfit (heels to earrings) and get all dolled up (it’s like the adult version of playing ‘dress up’)
- hit up the grocery store, buy some chocolate cake mix, frosting, red food colour, candy hearts and bake up a storm (it’s even better when they’re ready to eat)
- order pizza, wings and that super garlicky and cheesy bread that you love, oh such much, and watch a marathon of Friends on Netflix
- go to the florist and buy your favourite flower and pick out a cool vase while you’re there
ENJOY!! AND HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!
****All photos from weheartit.com ****
Let me start off by saying that wearing these jeans on a day where the weather was like -100 degrees, was a horrible idea. I do it for the fashion and I’m sure many of you can relate..lol (especially my fellow Toronto/NYC bloggers).
Lately, I’ve been liking the idea of wearing oversized layers, and it helps when the weather is extremely cold. It’s fun to mix up patterns, fabrics and textures to create a look with depth. I’ve worn this tank and sweater combo before, with leather leggings, but this time I wanted a more grunge/loose/casual style. And what bottoms came to mind? BOYFRIEND JEANS.. DUH!! The bagginess of the jeans and the size of the rips played into the style I was going for. I had to throw on a hat or else I think my head was going to freeze off so I hope you like my ‘salt and pepper’ matching.. ha..ha…