Here in the UK, it is only the second week of school and I’ve noticed that I am a little lazier in the morning and am not spending as much time on makeup. Less time = less products. I definitely would rather sleep longer then wake up earlier to get ready for class and I’m sure a ton of you are with me on that #beautysleep. I wanted to share the products that I use for the days when I have early morning class or when I’m just going out to get some groceries or to the mall.
Basically, there are 7 steps to this routine and they are listed below! Click the links if you want to check out the product.
- As I’m writing this, I forgot the first initial step, woopsies. The real first step is primer, I’m currently using Benefit Porefessional or Smashbox primer water. They both help my makeup last longer but the porefessional helps my foundation go on smooth, especially around and on my nose, where my pores are the largest. Alright, so technically this is the second step but I’m mashing it up with primer. I like to have pretty full, but natural looking coverage. Rimmel Lasting Finish is great, it covers what I want but doesn’t look cakey. I LOVE the Real Technique buffing brush for foundation, definitely recommend buying this one.
- If you have 9am class, concealer is a MUST, because lets be real, I go to bed at like 2am and I gotta cover those bags. Sephora gel serum concealer has great coverage and also highlights the under-eye area. The only downside is that product only comes on the tip of the brush and it’s hard to apply to the face. I like to blend my concealer out with a dampened beauty sponge because I never have luck blending it out with a brush. I’m trying out the Real Technique sponge right now so I’m going to say it’s just like other beauty sponges.
- Now to make sure those liquids stay in place all day. I usually set everything with Rimmel Stay Matte powder. I like to have a matte finish at first so I don’t get oily throughout the day. A large fluffy brush will do the trick to apply this.
- Time to add some definition to my face, ain’t nobody got time to contour before a 9am class so just bronzing up your face will look natural and add some shape. I use Rimmel sun shimmer bronzer on my cheekbones, hairline and jaw. If you want a more defined look, just focus more product on your upper cheekbone, closer to your ear. Using a more tapered fluffy brush works well to bronze up the face.
- Yes, highlight on fleek is still very present in my life. I just love that glow. I pick up my Zoeva luxe highlight brush and apply some Too Faced candlelight glow powder to the highpoints of my cheek, above my brows and on the bridge of my nose.
- Another way to shape your face is to fill in those brows. I do a couple swipes of Clinique Brow Mousse to get a natural look. In the morning, it takes too long to fill my brows in with powder, a mousse or gel is a great on-the-go option.
- Lastly, I apply a few coats of mascara. I ALWAYS curl my lashes before applying mascara or you won’t even be able to tell I have mascara on. I feel that mascara is very personal preference because everyone looks for something different. I do love the colour of Clinique Chubby Mascara in black honey.
Voila! That is the finished makeup look. It usually only takes around 15 minutes in the morning and then I’m good to go. Then, of course, I take like ten years deciding what to wear. I hope you liked this and share below what products you like on an everyday basis.