All my life I have known Valentines Day to be a day where you should show endless amounts of love to the people in your life; your mom, dad, sister, brother, grandparents, friends, dog, boyfriend, girlfriend, co-workers and hey, even strangers. I know a lot of women get sad when this day rolls around because they don’t have a date, I’m here to say that doesn’t matter… AT ALL! What matters most is that you LOVE YOURSELF and that you surround yourself with love. I really want this message to get across to women and young women around the world because it is such a waste to be sad over your relationship status. It just isn’t worth it.
That being said, I wanted to give a list of things to do on Valentines Day (and every other day) that can show love towards others and yourself (and they are fun to do, duh!). Comment below what you’re favourite thing is to do on Vday. Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram via @hungry4style_
- go to Starbucks and order your fav drink and chocolate brownie (mmmm, dreaming of this right now)
- buy cheesy valentines cards and give them out to your family, friends and co-workers
- go to the spa! Treat yourself with a mani/pedi or facial
- make reservations at a super classy restaurant (with your best friend, sister or significant other), buy an entire outfit (heels to earrings) and get all dolled up (it’s like the adult version of playing ‘dress up’)
- hit up the grocery store, buy some chocolate cake mix, frosting, red food colour, candy hearts and bake up a storm (it’s even better when they’re ready to eat)
- order pizza, wings and that super garlicky and cheesy bread that you love, oh such much, and watch a marathon of Friends on Netflix
- go to the florist and buy your favourite flower and pick out a cool vase while you’re there
ENJOY!! AND HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!
****All photos from weheartit.com ****