It’s the dead of winter and I think that’s also a metaphor for the death of my outfit creativity. I feel like I’m wearing the same outfits over and over and I can’t seem to get out of this slump. I’ve noticed other bloggers and social media people talking about being in a slump and I couldn’t really find any articles or posts on how to get out of one. I thought I would share some tips on how to finally get out of that damn slump! These have all worked for me and I hope they work for you too. Share in the comments what you do to get out of your outfit slump.
- paint your nails (even if your clothes are the same, your nails can change every week)
- re-organize your closet (you may find items you forget about and fall back in love with them)
- take the afternoon to go through your clothes and style outfits you have never worn before and try them on (you’ll find some unusual combinations that you will love)
- search tumblr and pinterest for #street-style pics that are sure to inspire
- go to the mall! see whats in the windows, hot new colours, patters, fabrics and choose one peice to buy that will spice of your wardrobe for the rest of winter
- try out new beauty looks, a statement lip can change the style of your entire outfit
- go back to basics; white tee, jeans, boots, sweater, and add your own style to them (this gives you a solid foundation where you can add whatever you want to them)
Check me out on social media:
All my life I have known Valentines Day to be a day where you should show endless amounts of love to the people in your life; your mom, dad, sister, brother, grandparents, friends, dog, boyfriend, girlfriend, co-workers and hey, even strangers. I know a lot of women get sad when this day rolls around because they don’t have a date, I’m here to say that doesn’t matter… AT ALL! What matters most is that you LOVE YOURSELF and that you surround yourself with love. I really want this message to get across to women and young women around the world because it is such a waste to be sad over your relationship status. It just isn’t worth it.
That being said, I wanted to give a list of things to do on Valentines Day (and every other day) that can show love towards others and yourself (and they are fun to do, duh!). Comment below what you’re favourite thing is to do on Vday. Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram via @hungry4style_
- go to Starbucks and order your fav drink and chocolate brownie (mmmm, dreaming of this right now)
- buy cheesy valentines cards and give them out to your family, friends and co-workers
- go to the spa! Treat yourself with a mani/pedi or facial
- make reservations at a super classy restaurant (with your best friend, sister or significant other), buy an entire outfit (heels to earrings) and get all dolled up (it’s like the adult version of playing ‘dress up’)
- hit up the grocery store, buy some chocolate cake mix, frosting, red food colour, candy hearts and bake up a storm (it’s even better when they’re ready to eat)
- order pizza, wings and that super garlicky and cheesy bread that you love, oh such much, and watch a marathon of Friends on Netflix
- go to the florist and buy your favourite flower and pick out a cool vase while you’re there
ENJOY!! AND HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!
****All photos from weheartit.com ****
Let me start off by saying that wearing these jeans on a day where the weather was like -100 degrees, was a horrible idea. I do it for the fashion and I’m sure many of you can relate..lol (especially my fellow Toronto/NYC bloggers).
Lately, I’ve been liking the idea of wearing oversized layers, and it helps when the weather is extremely cold. It’s fun to mix up patterns, fabrics and textures to create a look with depth. I’ve worn this tank and sweater combo before, with leather leggings, but this time I wanted a more grunge/loose/casual style. And what bottoms came to mind? BOYFRIEND JEANS.. DUH!! The bagginess of the jeans and the size of the rips played into the style I was going for. I had to throw on a hat or else I think my head was going to freeze off so I hope you like my ‘salt and pepper’ matching.. ha..ha…
I’m back with another round of current obsessions, I’m finding that whatever I’m obsessed with I usually don’t actually own the item…sadness. My obsessions can change daily, weekly or monthly but there is usually an item that I become obsessed with for a couple months. I want to share with you guys what I love because maybe you love them to or, once seeing this this post, you’ll become obsessed! Let me know in the comments!
SNEAKERS! I can’t stop looking at pics of sneakers on Tumblr, Insta and Pinterest… the twist it adds to your outfit is so enticing. I remember around three years ago I bought a pair of New Balance sneakers in this pink and black colour way, I thought they would make my outfit of jeans and a tee or leggings and a knit sweater look more sporty. Unfortunately, I hardly ever wore them but I think now, I need to go back home and look for them so I can wear them again. Good thing my foot size hasn’t grown at all..lol
I lurked very far into my personal Instagram account and found the photo of my New Balances. From three years ago and I captioned it “Being a loser and wearing running shoes to work”…. Don’t fret, I’m calling myself a hypocrite too but things change! I also worked in a Deli at a grocery store so I guess you could say I was ahead of the trend and stylish while serving sliced black forest ham (shoutout to my Deli family). I just realized, this is also a #TBT to my style when I was 16 years old.
**All pictures (except first one) from Pinterest**